in Italian means 'the Standard'
is glad to present the new range of DACs converters designed
to play the content of high resolution music files at their
best. Beyond the technical properties, all aspects relevant
to the sound reproduction were given the utmost attention in
the HS-DA1. You can finally truly appreciate the actual quality
of high resolution files, without the limitations imposed by
inadequate implementation. Conversion and sound quality, operational
capabilities and versatility place the NORMA HS-DA1 at the top
of world production levels. The fully modular constructive solution
turns the HS-DA1 into a unique product, which is able to meet
even the most expert user’s needs and can be easily updated
in the future. The NORMA HS-DA1 is available in 3 set-up levels.
the basic version already offers all the features of an evolved
DAC and is equipped with 5 full-bandwidth digital inputs (24-bit,
192KHz, USB and SPDIF), and both an RCA and XLR analog outputs.
VAR version, it is equipped with variable output levels, a remote
control and the ability to conveniently select between a Fixed
and a Variable output mode. In this way, for example, it is
possible to connect a power amplifier directly to the HS-DA1.
PRE Two additional analog inputs are also handled and there
is a high quality class A output for 2 headphones. It is also
possible to switch between a High / Low gain and between Active
/ Passive preamplifier modes. All functions can be remotely
Digital Inputs :
IN1 : USB, 2.0 High Speed
IN2 : SPDIF RCA, 75Ohms
IN3 : AES/EBU XLR, 110Ohms
IN4 : TOSLINK OPTICAL, 96 KHz, (192.0 KHz may be achieved, but
IN5 : SPDIF RCA, 75Ohms (IN5 can be set as SPDIF Output by CD
Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz, 96.0KHz, 192.0KHz
UpSampler Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz,
96.0KHz, 192.0KHz, AUTO MODE
Based on TI SRC4392
Clock performances: +/- 2ppm typ. at 25°, +/- 10ppm at 60°
Digital Filter: Slow & Sharp mode, based on TI DF1706
De-emphasis: 44.1KHz, 48.0KHz, auto e manual mode
Connections Outputs: Line RCA output, XLR Balanced
Outputs Voltage: 3.0 V RMS (+10 dBV) RCA (at 0 dB), 6.0 V RMS
(+16 dBV) XLR(at 0 dB)
Output Impedance: 200 ohm
Analogue Output Filter: 0,0 to 180 kHz +/- 3 dB
Analogue Stage Frequency Response: 0,0 to 2MHz +/- 3 dB
Configuration: Solid state
Oversampling: DF 1706 8 x Digital Filter
Oversampling Filter: User selectable Sharp & Slow Roll-off
D/A Converter: PCM 1704 Multibit 24 Bit D/A converter
I/V Conversion: I/V Conversion by proprietary topology with
Output Stage: Proprietary topology with discrete component,
high linearity & low noise
Supply: 230 V AC / 50 Hz, (100V AC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some
Dimensions (HxWxD): 126 x 215 x 350 mm
Weight: 5 Kg
Note: DAC Source with full remote control on PRE Version
5 digital inputs, USB, 2 x SPDIF RCA, SPDIF OPTICAL, AES-EBU.
USB input and SPDIF full bandwidth,
up to 24 Bit / 192 KHz.
- Possibility to select the oversampling frequency
44.1 KHz, 48.0kHz, 88.2KHz, 96.0KHz, 176.4kHz, 192.0 KHz or
- Possibility to customise for each digital input all parameters,
including the value of oversampling, clock source, digital filter,
- Possibility to use as the master D/A clock source the local
oscillator or the clock form input signal.
- Two separate local clock oscillator for the two values , 22MHz
/ 24 MHz (44.1 / 48KHz).
- Local Oscillator high stability, low Jitter and low phase
- Two PCM 24 Bit Digital to Analogue converter.
- Digital filter x8 (or x4) oversampling.
- User selectable filter roll-off (Sharp & Slow).
- Proprietary I-V architecture conversion.
- Analogue output stage based with full discrete devices amplifier.
- Extreme low noise, high resolution and high speed.
- Wide band ( >2 MHz ) schematic topology.
- RCA and Balanced output connection.
- Separate power supply for Digital and Analogue Output stage.
- High filtering capacity with numerous low impedance capacitors.
- 15 Powers supply regulators.
- Toroidal transformer specially designed for audio applications.