in Italian means 'the Standard'
REVO DS-1 CD Player
Choice of blue or red display
is pleased to present the new REVO DS1 Digital Source. It is
an extremely interesting product, both for its outstanding technical
content and for its noticeable versatility, obviously combined
with the rigor of NORMA musical tradition. In addition to a
CD player section that represents the evolution of the REVO
CDP1R, the NORMA REVO DS-1 source offers a complete set of digital
inputs. As a matter of fact, there is both a full bandwidth
USB input (192.0 KHz) as well as 4 SPDIF inputs, coaxial, optical
and XLR. Therefore, all the features for an advanced digital
source are contained within a single frame, and they are able
to meet even the most demanding user’s needs with no limitations,
both in terms of versatility as well as of listening quality.
The same conversion section and the same output stages that
made the REVO CDP1R unique, famous and appreciated, are used
in REVO DS-1 enabling it to reach top world production levels
as the quality of sound reproduction.
a historical moment when we witness the proliferation of DACs
for “computer music”, exclusively designed around
the parameters of the so-called technical modernity and cost
reduction to the detriment of the potential sound performance
of high resolution devices, NORMA proposes a “universal
machine” which is highly sophisticated in all the aspects
relevant to sound output. You can finally truly appreciate the
actual quality of high resolution files, without the limitations
imposed by inadequate implementation. A complete set of NORMA
DS-1 enables the user to manage and store all digital parameters
independently for each input. For instance, it is possible to
enable the over-sampling feature at any frequency as the user
wishes as well as disable it if undesired.
is also possible to select the Master Clock source between the
Low-Jitter local oscillator and the input signal’s one.
Finally, it is possible to vary the upsampler parameters, the
digital filter’s response, the absolute phase and the
volume of the output signal.
All of this can be carried out both via the local controls as
well as by remote control.
TEAC CD Player Mechanics, with 5 seconds read buffer of
- Switching between CD player and DAC modes.
- 5 digital inputs, USB, 2 x SPDIF RCA, SPDIF OPTICAL, AES-EBU.
- USB input and SPDIF full bandwidth, up to 24 Bit / 192 KHz.
- Possibility to select the oversampling frequency 44.1-48.0-88.2-96.0-176.4-192.0
KHz or AUTO.
- Possibility to customise for each digital input all parameters,
including the value of oversampling.
- Possibility to use as the master A/D clock source the local
oscillator or the clock form input signal.
- Two separate local clock oscillator for the two values . 22MHz
/ 24 MHz (44.1 / 48KHz).
- Local Oscillator high stability, low Jitter and low phase
- Possibility to configure one of the 2 RCA inputs as digital
- Two PCM 24 Bit Digital to Analogue converter.
- Digital filter x8 oversampling.
- User selectable filter roll-off (Sharp & Slow).
- Proprietary I-V architecture conversion.
- Analogue output stage based with full discrete devices amplifier.
- Extreme low noise, high resolution and high speed.
- Wide band ( >2 MHz ) schematic topology.
- RCA and Balanced output connection.
- Separate power supply for Digital and Analogue Output stage.
- High filtering capacity with numerous low impedance capacitors.
- 13 Powers supply regulators.
- Full aluminium non-magnetic frame.
- Toroidal transformer specially designed for audio applications.
- Remote control of all functions
IN1 : USB, 2.0 High Speed
IN2 : SPDIF RCA, 75Ohms
IN3 : AES/EBU XLR, 110Ohms
IN4 : TOSLINK OPTICAL, 96 KHz, (192.0 KHz may be achieved, but
IN5 : SPDIF RCA, 75Ohms (IN5 can be set as SPDIF Output by CD
Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz, 96.0KHz, 192.0KHz
UpSampler Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz,
96.0KHz, 192.0KHz, AUTO MODE
Based on TI SRC4392
Clock performances: +/- 2ppm typ. at 25°, +/- 10ppm at 60°
Digital Filter: Slow & Sharp mode, based on TI DF1706
De-emphasis: 44.1KHz, 48.0KHz, auto e manual mode
Connections Outputs : Line RCA output, XLR Balanced
Outputs Voltage: 3.0 V RMS (+10 dBV) RCA (at 0 dB), 6.0 V RMS
(+16 dBV) XLR(at 0 dB)
Output Impedance: 200 ohm
System Frequency Response (CD Mode): 0,0 to 22KHz +/- 0,3 dB
(limited from CD standard)
Analogue Output Filter: 0,0 to 180 kHz +/- 3 dB
Analogue Stage Frequency Response: 0,0 to 2MHz +/- 3 dB
Configuration: Solid state
Oversampling: DF 1706 8 x Digital Filter
Oversampling Filter: User selectable Sharp & Slow Roll-off
D/A Converter: PCM 1704 Multibit 24 Bit D/A converter
I/V Conversion: I/V Conversion by proprietary topology with
Output Stage: Proprietary topology with discrete component,
high linearity & low noise
Supply: 230 V AC / 50 Hz, (100V AC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some
Dimensions (HxWxD): 75 x 430 x 350 mm
Weight: 10 Kg
Note: Integrated Digital Source with full remote control